Town Planning Jobs
Are you looking for a Town Planning job? Planning jobs, from Planning Magazine, is specifcally designed to help you find the Town Planning job that's right for you.
Planningjobs.co.uk has specialist jobs within the planning sector, including Town Planner jobs in central government, government agencies, local authorities and the private sector. If you are passionate about becoming a Town Planner, then look no further.
What does a Town Planner do?
Town Planners not only plan towns as the job title suggests, but also the countryside. The decisions that Town Planners make affect housing, community development, conservation, regeneration and transport.
Typical tasks of a Town Planner
Town planning involves so many different aspects that in many cases a Town Planner will specialise only in one area such as development control or urban design. Some common tasks are:
- Research on everything from minerals to geographical and then compiling this information into concise reports to be analysed.
- Site visits regarding planned projects and proposals. This often includes dealing with the public as well as the various contractors involved.
- Using systems such as CAD or GIS
- Using creativity to find solutions in projects and satisfy all those concerned.
Key attributes of a Town Planner
- A Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) accredited qualification
- At least two years work experience
- Administrative experience is an advantage
Found 99 jobs in this campaign
As a result of our unparalleled growth, exciting opportunities have arisen within an award winning Development Management Team.
An large Independent Consultancy seeks a Town Planner/Senior Planner to join their expanding team
Great opportunity for a Town Planner to work in Central Manchester!
Town Planner - Reading HA 7751 Salary: Negotiable depending on skills and experience
A specialist Town Planning Company based near Cambridge are looking for a Senior Town Planner
Town Planner | Birmingham | Clientside Opportunity
Associate Director Town Planner, Rising to Director Within 12 Months.
Assistant Town Planner - Preston HA 7769 Salary: £20,000 - £26,000
Senior Town Planner - Reading HA 7754 Salary: Negotiable depending on skills and experience
Senior Town Planner - Cheltenham HA 7768 Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
Graduate Town Planner - Cheltenham HA 7783 Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 (depending on skills and experience)