An excellent opportunity for an Assistant Planner has arisen in our Mainstream Applications Team. You will preferably have some have some experience in the role though it would also suit the right graduate and will help the Council in delivering its Development Management function by dealing with a range of development proposals and by supporting and enabling development opportunities in the borough. This is a fixed term position until 20 December 2024.
Introduction to Warrington:
Investment and market interest in Warrington is strong and is getting stronger. Warrington is one of the most successful towns in the country, regularly being ranked as one of the best places in the UK for economic performance and quality of life for its residents.
It is a key gateway, centrally placed within the Northwest of England at the heart of a highly connected network of Motorways, mainline rail and waterways. This accessibility means Warrington can be easily reached from locations in the North West and further afield.
The Council has an ambitious growth and regeneration programme set out in “Warrington Means Business”. However, Warrington’s distinctiveness is also largely driven by its unique pattern of green spaces – a legacy of the New Town and its green belt setting. This open space forms a framework on which the Warrington Means Business development programme will hang.
Development Management is a priority, frontline service within the Council and has extensive engagement with our elected members, residents, businesses and other stakeholders and, as such, we are looking for a skilled and motivated individual to help deliver the service to meet the ambitious plans for the borough.
The successful candidate will benefit from:
- A competitive salary and membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- A flexible working environment with a hybrid arrangement currently consisting of 3 days home based working and 2 days in our brand new Time Square office conveniently located within Warrington town centre
- A minimum of 26 days annual leave rising to 31 days after 5 years of Local Government Service
- The opportunity to work on a varied caseload of planning applications with a commitment to continuous professional development
- Access to our comprehensive benefits package including; our ‘Warrington Rewards’ retail and services discount and savings scheme and a range of environmental and travel benefits
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please visit Assistant Planner x2 (Fixed Term) | warrington.gov.uk
The closing date for applications is 29 December 2023.
The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
If you are a permanent WBC employee you will need to apply for this fixed term position as an internal secondment opportunity and will need to discuss this with your current line manager prior to applying.
Warrington Borough Council is a Disability Confident employer