Are you a Senior Planner seeking progression or the opportunity broaden your experience in planning with a greater variety of projects? Cobalt are proud to be partnered with a successful town planning consultancy team in Lancashire.
Our client is in search of a Senior to Associate Planner to join their team, where you'll have the opportunity to work on diverse projects from mixed-use retail and larger residential schemes to major decarbonisation projects. This role could suit someone who is ideally MRTPI (or can do it soon) up to Associate-level.
As the team is lean and growing, the personality/culture fit is more important than the level and they are keen to meet confident self-starters who can hit the ground running. They are a very friendly and hard-working team who have an excellent reputation, and the role is hybrid.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- For more senior candidates, leading on projects, assisting in delegating and starting to take on leadership role; for more junior candidates - assisting seniors on major projects and managing own caseload of smaller and medium-scale applications.
- Continuing to maintain relationships with clients in providing accurate advice and communicating effectively.
- Dealing with pre-apps and manage planning applications through the development process.
- Promoting sites through the Local Plan process.
- Communicating and negotiating with clients, stakeholders and local regularly.
- Starting to business develop for more senior candidates, or bringing some of your own clients.
Ideally, you should possess:
- At least three years' experience, ideally within consultancy, although local planning authority (LPA) experience will be considered.
- A strong skill set and expertise in development management and strategic planning.
- MRTPI or equivalent.
- Excellent written communication skills and strong interpersonal abilities.
You will join a growing and successful team, who really do trust their employees, in exchange for their hard work.
Please apply here or give me (Tom) a call to discuss on 07897074637. My client is looking to find the right candidate as soon as possible - so if in doubt, do get in touch. I also have other clients and roles that may be of interest.
If you do not hear anything back within one week, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion, but I will retain your details for future roles.