Penguin Recruitment is delighted to be supporting a highly regarded Estate Agent & Property Consultancy on the hire of an Associate Town Planner to their team in Cambridge.
As an Associate Town Planner, you will work closely with the Planning Partners and will be responsible for managing a variety of planning matters, enhancing existing client relationships, progressing planning applications and assisting with Business Development. The team are looking for someone with ambition and a proactive work ethic to help the business continue to support a broad range of clients. Main tasks of the Associate Town Planner position:
What will it take to be successful?
- The provision of professional planning advice to clients on a variety of planning matters
- Undertaking site appraisals for clients to understand the planning position on potential new sites
- Project managing the input of different consultants into the planning process
- Preparing planning applications including planning application and CIL liability forms and planning statements
- Collating and submitting planning applications Preparing CIL calculations
- Reviewing and responding to third-party representations.
- Undertaking detailed negotiations with local authorities and other statutory bodies on planning and related matters
- Participation in public engagement events
- Attending and speaking at planning committee
- Preparing and submitting Local Plan representations and taking them through the adoption process
- Attending and supporting at Local Plan Examinations in Public where required
- Preparing and submitting grounds for appeal
- Written representations, informal hearings and public inquiry appeals
- RTPI qualified
- Strong planning experience with a consultancy, developer or local authority
- Strong working knowledge of planning applications, site appraisals and managing a broad range of clients.
- Ability to build and develop relationships internally and externally
- Ability to use your initiative to provide advice and solutions to projects.
- Interest/ability to coach and support junior members of the team
- Delegate work to colleagues and assist with Business Development.
This is an opportunity for an Associate Town Planner who wants to be part of a growing team, develop their planning knowledge and expertise and contribute to a firm in it's diversification. Why Apply?
Based out of central Cambridge offices, the Associate Town Planner will receive a competitive salary with excellent benefits such as 25 days annual leave, pension matched contribution, life assurance and flexible benefits including purchasing annual leave, health cash plans, cycle to work scheme and many more! They support flexible working and are open to discussions to support this, including hybrid working or flexible hours! Interested?
If you are an Associate Town Planner, or a similar-level Town Planner looking to join an established and growing practice with a great reputation in the market, this is the role for you!
The Director is looking to meet with suitable Associate Town Planners ASAP so if you meet the above criteria, please contact Matt Fraser on 01792 365 001 or firstname.lastname@example.org