Why work for the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead?
The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead takes pride in its exceptional team of dedicated professionals who are passionate about providing quality services to the community.
The council values a collaborative and inclusive work environment, fostering creativity and innovation in all aspects of its operations.
Joining the team means being part of a forward-thinking organisation that continually strives to improve and make a positive impact on the community.
Why work in Planning, Development Management, at the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead?
- A recently adopted local plan, adopted in 2022.
- Strategic and large allocated development sites.
- interesting, varied, and challenging workload at all levels.
- Commitment to ensuring that future developments are at the forefront in terms of design quality, sustainability and maximising the provision of affordable housing in the Borough.
- Hybrid working – with flexibility.
- Support from DM Manager and the other 3 Development Management – Applications- Team Managers.
- The opportunity to develop and grown your career.
- Easy access to and from London on the Elizabeth line.
- A fantastic environment from the Wind in the Willows to The Crown
This role is the manager of the Enforcement and Conservation Team. You need to be an experience planner and manager, who has worked in Enforcement, has experience of progressing enforcement action through notices, appeals and prosecutions; and has an understanding of heritage and conservation issues and can support the conservation work of the team, a major element of which is contributing to planning applications. The role would include presenting items to the Planning Committees, Cabinet, external meetings and acting as the Council witness in Hearings and Public Inquiries. You will be supported by a Principal Enforcement Officer and Principal Conservation Officer, there are 3 Conservation officers and 4 Planning Enforcement Officers in total in your team.
Closing date: 17 December 2023