As our Senior Planning Development Management, you will use your excellent communication, negotiation and organisational skills, to effectively manage a varied caseload of major or complex planning applications and pre-applications including enforcement work. You will independently manage, assess, evaluate and process planning applications, including leading and managing negotiations on s.106 legal agreements. You will prepare high-quality reports either for delegated determination or for consideration by the LLDC’s Planning Decisions Committee.
You will prepare evidence and manage the submission of statements of cases for planning appeals and represent the Planning Policy and Decision Team at hearings and public inquiries.
This is an opportunity to bring your work and lived experience to the role and positively contribute to the diverse and inclusive culture of the organisation. You will be expected to work independently but will be supported by a principal planning development manager, along with other experienced colleagues.
Is it for you?
You will be an experienced built environment professional working in Development Management, with experience and a proven record of assessing a range of complex or major planning applications and pre-applications using statutory processes and experience of preparing reports for decision by senior officers and the LLDC Planning Committee. You will have experience of managing your own planning appeals and planning enforcement cases.
You will have good interpersonal skills and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels across a range of planning, development and regeneration activities. You will have a proven ability of carrying out public consultation and engagement with a diverse range of people across communities.
A very good understanding of East London is important, including the social, economic, environmental and political make-up of the area. Ideally, you’ll also bring your own lived experience to our team and use that to demonstrate a commitment to valuing diversity and inclusion in delivering the town planning service to the local community and contribute positively to an inclusive working environment.
How to apply
To apply for this post, please follow the application instructions within the job advertisement and ensure that you provide the information that we have requested within our online application form. Please note we do not accept CVs for any of our roles.
We would also appreciate it if you would take the time to complete the Equality and Diversity Monitoring section. The information you give us will help us to refine our recruitment and employment practices and respond to the needs of the diverse range of people that our organisation comes in contact with. All details that you provide will be kept in strict confidence and will not be viewed by any member of the selection panel.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 28th November 2023 at 11:59pm.
Interviews will be taking place on Friday 8th and/or Monday 11th December 2023 either in-person or via Microsoft Teams video call. The details of this process will be advised should you be invited to interview.
If you would like to discuss this role further or have any questions, please email our Talent Acquisition Team on email@example.com
If this all sounds good to you, we’d love to hear from you!
- The salary for this post is £53,285.00 per annum LLDC operates a performance-based incremental pay scale.
- The probationary period for this post is for three months. Upon successful completion of the probation period, confirmation of employment will be given and the notice period will be one month.
- This is proposed as a full time post working 37 hours per week, although this post will be considered for flexible working
- All employees are eligible to join our pension scheme, which is provided by the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Annual leave entitlement is 32 days per year, plus bank holidays, pro-rata for part-time employees. The LLDC leave year runs from 1st April until 31st March and the entitlement will be pro-rata from the individual's start date.
- To align with the LLDC objectives, we offer 3 fully compensated volunteer days (pro-rata for part-time employment) providing all staff with the opportunity to serve the community in which they live in.
- LLDC will provide employees with an interest-free loan to purchase a season ticket for travel to and from work. Loans are available for the actual cost of the ticket up to a maximum value of £5000.
- LLDC employees are eligible for a discounted gym membership at the Copper Box Arena and the London Aquatics Centre. Employees can enjoy the use of both state-of-the-art gyms and swimming facilities for £15 per month.
- Benenden is our healthcare service, which gives employees the opportunity to obtain consultations without having to wait on NHS waiting lists.
- LLDC offers employees a loan of up to £1000 to purchase a bike and equipment through our cycle to work partner www.cyclescheme.co.uk
- Brilliant and engaged employee networks to join, including the LGBTQ+ network, ,RCE network, Inclusive Access & Disability network