Are you seeking a something new in consultancy or considering a move away from your current firm to advance your career? I am collaborating closely with a national planning and property consultancy based in Newcastle. They are in search of a Town Planner to join their team, where you'll have the opportunity to work on diverse projects spanning commercial, residential, and retail sectors. This role could suit someone who is soon to Charter, up to Associate-level. As the team is lean and growing, the personality/culture fit is more important than the level. They are a very friendly and hard-working team who have an excellent reputation.
This opportunity has arisen due to a growing workload and a team member's move to a client-side role. The consultancy also operates in other services including land and development agency and public sector development and major developments. They are known for their commitment to honesty and integrity, serving a wide range of clients, from major PLC developers to boutique firms, and covering various sectors, all across the UK. Upon joining, you'll be thrust into a dynamic work environment with a substantial workload, providing you with the chance to excel.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· For more senior candidates, leading on projects, assisting in delegating and starting to take on leadership role; for more junior candidates - assisting seniors on major projects and managing own caseload of smaller and medium-scale applications
· Continuing to maintain relationships with clients in providing accurate advice and communicating effectively
· Dealing with pre-apps and manage planning applications through the development process
· Communicating and negotiating with clients, stakeholders and local regularly
Ideally, you should possess:
· Between 18 months up to eight years of experience in planning, preferably within consultancy, although local planning authority (LPA) experience will be considered.
· A strong skill set and expertise in development management and strategic planning.
· MRTPI or close to submitting.
· Excellent written communication skills and strong interpersonal abilities.
In return for your dedication, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, and the opportunity to be part of an exceptional team in the region, with some very interesting projects for you to work on and learn from.
Please apply here or give me (Kate) a call to discuss. My client is looking to find the right candidate as soon as possible - so if in doubt, do get in touch. I also have other clients and roles that may be of interest.
If you do not hear anything back within one week, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion, but I will retain your details for future roles.