We are partnered with a successful planning and development consultancy to help grow their already successful recently established team in Birmingham. The business has a number of offices nationally, but still maintains that close-knit feel. They have an excellent track record with both private and public sector clients across all disciplines and has gone from strength to strength through the last few years. Their national town planning team is one of the UK's best, with clients varying from blue chip landed estates and PLCs, to high net-worth individuals and SME developers, as well as major public sector institutions.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful and lean team working on challenging projects, working closely with enthusiastic junior colleagues as well as industry-leading Partners, who are hands on and involved in every project. They a friendly team of professionals with an enviable and proven track record of supporting and developing their staff into senior property professionals with strong reputations - with colleagues within the Birmingham office across sectors.
Your responsibilities will include (depending on level):
- Manage planning applications through the development process.
- Write the detail on reports and planning documents or manage juniors in doing so.
- Meeting clients and liaising with key stakeholders.
- Appraising potential sites for clients and doing pre-application meetings and work.
- Keeping up to date with changes in planning policy.
- Doing business development at the more senior level, and mentoring junior team members.
Ideally you will:
- Be MRTPI or equivalent.
- Have at least three years industry experience, in consultancy, client side or in a local authority.
- Strong commercial understanding across the wider sector including planning.
- Be an excellent communicator with good technical and writing skills.
This really is a brilliant opportunity for the right person, and with their pipeline ever increasing, the role will give exposure to more major clients and be an excellent challenge. You will be part of a growing, dynamic and highly experienced team, with excellent prospects for career advancement, and working with a flexible, hybrid working approach.
Please apply here or give me (Kate) a call on 0207 478 2523 to discuss. My client is looking to find the right candidate as soon as possible - so if in doubt, do get in touch. I also have other clients and roles that may be of interest.
If you do not hear anything back within one week, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion, but I will retain your details for future roles.