We are partnered with a top tier property consultancy to help grow their already successful and well-established team in Glasgow. The business has a significant number of offices nationwide, but still maintains that close-knit feel. The planning division have an excellent track record in the renewable energy and infrastructure sector and are expanding their team with a strong pipeline of projects across onshore, offshore, solar, BESS, green, hydro and hydrogen. They also have a portfolio of other high-profile projects from luxury retail parks to major industrial projects.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful and lean team working on challenging projects, working closely with enthusiastic junior colleagues as well as industry-leading Partners, who are hands on and involved in every project. They a friendly team of professionals with an enviable and proven track record of supporting and developing their staff into senior property professionals with strong reputations - with colleagues within the Glasgow office across sectors.
Your responsibilities will include (depending on level):
· Manage planning applications through the development process.
· Write the detail on reports and planning documents or manage juniors in doing so.
· Meeting clients and liaising with key stakeholders.
· Appraising potential sites for clients and doing pre-application meetings and work.
· Keeping up to date with changes in planning policy.
· Doing business development at the more senior level, and mentoring junior team members.
Ideally you will:
· Be MRTPI or equivalent.
· Have at least three years industry experience, in consultancy, client side or in a local authority.
· Strong commercial understanding across the wider sector including planning.
· Be an excellent communicator with good technical and writing skills.
This is a unique opportunity for someone with a passion for sustainable projects, and with their pipeline ever increasing, the role will give exposure to more major clients and be an excellent challenge. You will be part of a highly regarded and experienced team, with excellent prospects for career advancement, and working with a hybrid working approach.
Please apply here or give me (Tom) a call on 0207 478 2519 to discuss. My client is looking to find the right candidate as soon as possible - so if in doubt, do get in touch. I also have other clients and roles that may be of interest.
If you do not hear anything back within one week, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion, but I will retain your details for future roles.