A East Midlands Based Local Planning Authority has an urgent requirement for a DM Team Leader on a 6 month rolling contract. The role will offer a hybrid working model with some office presence required.
In this role you will be responsible for the front-line management of an efficient Area Team with good moral overseeing 5/6 officers reporting directly in to the Head of Development Management.
Your primary focus will be on the strategic management of the team involving the allocation of cases including minor to strategic major applications, signing off reports, monitoring performance and presenting at committee.
You will ensure that the team deliver high-quality scheme through the provision of management support and finding good development focused outcomes through innovative thinking and provision of sound technical advice designed to unblock complex planning issues stalling the town planning process.
- Allocate a diverse range of planning applications including minor, complex, major and strategic applications
- Monitor performance and ensure that applications are processed with statutory time frames
- Implement and deliver service improvements
- Work collaboratively with the Head of Development Management
- Lead on high-profile strategic pre-app and PPA negotiations to ensure that major development schemes match the borough’s ambitions for regeneration and growth
- Identify development needs of direct reports through personal and professional development
- Undertake recruitment
- Represent council at committee and public inquiries etc
- Undertake Member Briefings and engage with key stakeholders
- Trouble shoot, identify and unblock bottle necks in the planning system
As a key figure within the corporate structure, you will have acquired practical experience Development Management Team Leader, Deputy Team Leader or Principal Planner who has some management responsibility within their existing role.
You will have a degree in Town & Country Planning and as well an in depth practical knowledge of planning legislation and will have led on the delivery of a range of applications from minor to large scale major applications through the planning system, with excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills
For further details or an informal conversation, please feel free to contact Alex Ashman at Macdonald & Company on 0207 318 5261 or email: email@example.com.