The purpose of the Otterpool Park LLP is the delivery of a sustainable new community, including all infrastructure and services, in line with the vision and objectives for the town as set out in the business plan, and fulfilling the primary objective of creating a strong financial return to the council for reinvestment in both the town and the wider district. The main responsibilities of the post are listed below :-
- To be responsible for the development and delivery of the economic development strategy and work programme for Otterpool Park Garden Town, including, but not limited to, business attraction (and thereafter retention) expansion and attraction programmes and the development and delivery of effective strategies that support of businesses.
- To support the preparation of planning applications and negotiation of related legal agreements. To contribute towards meeting the objectives set out within the business plan of the organisation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To prepare the Otterpool Park Economic Development of Strategy in accordance with the district wide planning polices and informed by Folkestone and Hythe District Council’s Economic Development Strategy. To manage the implementation of the strategy, including business attraction, retention, job creation, business assistance, marketing and related functions. Communicate and coordinate with persons interested in establishing businesses in Otterpool Park. Work with a wide range of representatives from local business communities and partner organisation, to ensure an integrated approach to the town’s economic development activities with the economic development activities of the district, county and region. Review analyse, documents and reports prepared by consultants assure accuracy, completeness and appropriateness. Keep abreast of legislative developments which may impact economic development programmes, policies and/or procedures and implement approved follow-up action. Prepare bids to government and other bodies for financial assistance in promoting economic development. Analyse economic data and prepares long-term business and financial forecasts.
- To support the Planning Manager in the preparation of planning applications and the negotiation of related legal agreements.
- To promote Otterpool Park at economic development and inward investment events.
- Education to degree level with an appropriate professional qualification (MRTPI, RICS) Negotiation skills Experience delivering economic development and property projects Experience in promoting large planning applications and negotiating section 106 agreements Success in delivering regeneration programmes At least 15 years’ experience working with both the private and public sectors, including local government.
- Able to demonstrate commercial acumen Complex problem solving skills Programme and project management skills