Salary: £36,371 to £45,648 pa
Hours: 37 hours pw
Based: Eastbourne & Lewes
Planning First is a newly established service bringing together staff at Eastbourne Borough and Lewes District Councils concerned with developments related to the local built environments. The inter-disciplinary team includes case workers, planners, policy experts and a small team interested in conservation, regeneration and design issues.
We want to further develop this team, and are currently looking for an experienced Senior Specialist Advisor (Development Manager) able to
- deliver authoritative information, advice and guidance to householders, agents, architects and developers; and to other team members, council colleagues and councillors
- provide written town planning/urban design advice assessing the appropriateness of specific proposals for development submitted through applications for planning permission/ listed building consent
- support the work of the team by taking cases through to determination using delegated powers where appropriate.
The role is interesting and varied, and the successful post-holder will need
- relevant experience delivering a comparable role in a local authority or commercial setting
- an appropriate qualification and/ or credentials, for example RTPI
- excellent written and communication skills, to include the proven ability to convey complex information to non-specialist audiences
- an ability to undertake planning application assessments, audits and reviews; to support policy development and to make positive connections between development, regeneration and urban design agendas
- to be able to manage workloads and to work with a range of IT packages
- to able to represent the authorities, and act as an ambassador, in dealings with a wide range of external groups
Interested? We’d love to hear from you, in return we can offer you training support and interesting work to really help your career flourish.
For more information about this role including details on how to apply, please click on The Apply.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is noon 29 July 2022.
Interview date TBC