Are you an experienced planning professional looking for a new challenge? Or perhaps you want to take the next step in your planning career?
We’re looking for a Principal Planning Officer to join our Planning Team, for roles which are:
- Interesting, varied and very rewarding.
- Perfectly suited for someone who thrives on interesting and unique planning challenges.
- Designed to help you develop your skills and experience and progress your career.
- Ideal for someone who likes to work flexibly, leading a lively, dynamic and supportive team of planning professionals.
- Perfect for someone who is creative, enthusiastic and dynamic.
About the roles
These are permanent, full time posts, with a starting salary up to £53,883.
A “Golden Hello” is available to the successful applicant and the amount, terms and conditions will be discussed with those selected for interview.
It’s a great time to be joining our planning team. We’re transforming our planning service, to tackle the unique planning challenges we face in our district. The successful applicant will play a key role in this transformation, leading our team of planning professionals and helping shape the way our planning service operates, getting involved in key decision making and helping develop new ways of working.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assessing high profile planning applications, providing vital pre-application advice to residents, explaining our decisions in the event of any appeals and leading, supporting and mentoring other members of the team.
Who we’re looking for
We’d love to hear from you if you are:
- An experienced planner, with a good knowledge of planning and planning legislation at a local, regional and national level.
- Experienced in managing all types of planning applications and appeals and presenting at committees.
- Passionate about delivering exceptional customer service, with a track record of building working relationships with key stakeholders.
- A highly motivated, flexible team player, with excellent communication skills, used to working in a fast-paced environment, closely with colleagues across a range of professions.
- Used to working on your own initiative, with minimal supervision, and willing to mentor more junior staff.
- A member of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
If this sounds like your kind of challenge and you want to be part of our dynamic team, we want to hear from you.
Want to know more?
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Cliff Thurlow on 01883 732906 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.