Penguin Recruitment is proud to be representing one of the world's leading multi-disciplinary consultancies in their search for an Associate Planner to join their thriving Planning & Environmental team in London.
Our client provides strategic planning advice in the UK to central government and its agencies, local enterprise partnerships, local authorities, combined authorities and the private sector. They work on a wide range of interesting projects, our clients include EDF, Environment Agency, Greater London Authority, Highways England, Homes England, High Speed 2, Ministry of Defence, MHCLG, Network Rail, Transport for London, Transport for the North, West of England Combined Authority and many others such as LEPs, local authorities, utility companies and private developers. In the role, you will also work with colleagues leading international development work for funding institutions and government bodies.
The successful candidate will work within a dynamic multi-disciplinary environment with colleagues in environmental, engineering and design disciplines across the wider UK and international teams. I am looking for someone with a real passion for planning and the skills to deliver transformative and high-quality infrastructure and communities! Responsibilities:
- Lead on the preparation of planning applications for development proposals under a variety of consent regimes including Town and Country Planning Act, Transport and Works Act Orders or Planning Act 2008 (DCOs);
- Draft relevant supporting documentation;
- Lead on the negotiation of planning submissions through the consents process;
- Support the preparation of strategy and policy documents, evidence-based studies and associated advice;
- Provide planning advice to external and internal clients;
- Input into, or co-ordination of, Environmental Impact Assessments or other planning related deliverables;
- Manage or support responses to tender opportunities and fee proposals;
- Work with senior colleagues to identify, develop and pursue new business and marketing opportunities across a range of sectors;
- Support resource and workload allocation in liaison with the project and team managers;
- Management, mentoring and support for more junior colleagues.
- A relevant town planning degree and Chartered RTPI membership (or related / equivalent qualifications / professional membership)
- A sound, in-depth knowledge of planning policy, law and procedures, including the changing planning system at national and local levels
- Working knowledge or experience of the UK's infrastructure and development consenting processes;
- Experience in the management and delivery of multi-disciplinary planning projects;
- Experience of working alongside and co-ordinating a range of technical specialists providing input into planning submissions and EIAs;
- Good report writing, verbal and presentation skills, and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore and discuss planning issues;
- Excellent time management skills - able to prioritise and work effectively under pressure, with proven success in meeting tight deadlines;
- Commercial awareness and business development skills would be advantageous.
My client is widely acknowledged for offering unparallelled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career, and has won many awards including The Times '25 Best Big Companies to Work For'.
In return for your expertise and hard work, my client will provide an attractive salary and benefits package that includes:
- Part-time and/or flexible hours contracts.
- Paid overtime and/or TOIL system.
- Competitive salaries and a huge range of other benefits.
- 25 days annual leave, plus paid bank holidays, plus the ability to buy up to 15 extra days!
- Paid professional memberships and individual training budgets.
- Paid for individual iPhone and use of team iPads for work purposes.
- Tailored training and mentoring schemes to advance your career.
- And so much more…
If this role is of interest to you or you are searching for other roles relating to the Planning sector, please do not hesitate to contact Matt Fraser on 01792 341 104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org