Penguin Recruitment is proud to be representing one of the world's leading multi-disciplinary consultancies in their search for a Town Planner to join their thriving Planning & Environmental team in Warrington.
Our client boasts an impressive project portfolio including Highways England, Homes England, Environment Agency, Transport for the North, local authorities, Network Rail, EDF, utility companies, including Yorkshire Water, and private developers.
The position requires an experienced chartered Town Planner (or working towards chartership) combining an excellent track record in planning, preferably with experience in the growing markets of housing, energy, water, transportation and development sectors. The role will require the successful candidate to provide support on a range development and infrastructure schemes through the planning consenting process. A key part of the role will also be to work collaboratively with other environmental disciplines within the wider teams to provide comprehensive, high quality advice to public and private sector clients across a range of challenging development projects. Responsibilities:
- Preparation of applications for a range of planning applications, also providing support on Development Consent Orders or Transport Works Act Orders applications;
- Undertake site appraisals, policy reviews and evidence based research;
- Drafting high quality supporting reports;
- Negotiation of planning submissions successfully through the consenting process;
- Provide high-quality planning advice to external and internal clients on planning consenting process for a range of development and infrastructure projects;
- Manage project inputs from other technical disciplines internally and externally;
- Develop client network and collaborate with colleagues across the business to win work including through formal tenders and bids.
- A degree or post graduate qualification in Town and Country Planning (RTPI accredited)
- Membership of RTPI (or working towards chartership);
- Working in consultancy, a local authority planning team or similar relevant experience is required;
- Sound knowledge of planning law and procedures, including the changing planning system at national, regional and local levels;
- Excellent communications skills, including report writing skills
- Working knowledge or experience of the UK's infrastructure and development consenting processes;
- Proven experience of building successful relationships with internal and external stakeholders
My client is widely acknowledged for offering unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career, and has won many awards including The Times '25 Best Big Companies to Work For'.
In return for your expertise and hard work, my client will provide an attractive salary and benefits package that includes:
- Paid overtime
- Flexible working.
- Options to buy additional annual leave.
- Paid memberships.
- Training budgets.
- And so much more…..
If this role is of interest to you or you are searching for other roles relating to the Town Planning sector, please do not hesitate to contact Matt Fraser on 01792 341 104 or email email@example.com