Be First is a pioneering urban regeneration company wholly owned by the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham (LBBD). Its mission is to accelerate growth and capitalise on the borough’s position as London’s hottest investment and development opportunity.
We are a developer and property consultancy, as well as providing planning and other statutory functions for LBBD. We also work with commercial partners who share our core values of delivering high quality development which benefits local people. The financial return that we generate is reinvested back into providing key council services and more homes for local people.
We pride ourselves on delivering a socially responsible model of urban regeneration which delivers new homes and jobs for current and future communities. As a developer in our own right, we utilise council and commercial investment resources to acquire sites, secure planning permission and build out new residential and commercial developments. We also work with commercial partners who share our core values of delivering high quality development which benefits local people.
The Planning Consultancy team is actively growing. We work to secure planning permission for the Council’s portfolio of sites, for developers and investors working in the borough, along with projects outside the borough too. We work across a wide variety of sectors, including housing, commercial, industrial, film and education.
We are looking for a Graduate Planning Consultant to support our growing Planning Consultancy team. The individual will contribute to:
- Undertaking robust planning policy and site research.
- Provision of planning strategy advice to support senior members of the team.
- Preparation and coordination of planning applications.
- Inputting into public consultation strategies.
- Liaise with the wider Be First teams, clients, the public, sub-consultants and a range of public and private bodies.
- Providing technical and procedural advice that problem-solves and ‘adds value’.
We are looking for an individual with the following skills:
- Engaging and driven personality wanting to join a highly successful and ambitious team.
- Is a motivated, self-starter with a willingness to learn.
- Is a team player who works effectively with others.
- Proven technical abilities and demonstrable knowledge and understanding of national, regional and local development issues and trends.
- Diligent and accurate in research with excellent professional writing skills.
- A critical thinker with excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to weigh up all possible options to problem and make considered decisions.
- Displays tact and diplomacy when managing difficult situations.
- Completed an RTPI recognised degree in planning.
- Preferably work experience in planning/planning associated business, ideally in planning consultancy.
- In order to apply, please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org a CV and a covering letter outlining your motivation for applying and highlighting how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the requirements of the role.