Career Grade Planning Officer (Development Management)
Regeneration and Environment
Planning | Development Management
Scale 6 – PO3 (Career Grade)
Team Leader (North, South Team) or other officers as may be allocated from time to time
- Through the application of competent DM skills and customer service, make a significant contribution to the regeneration of the borough through the innovative and practical development of proposals for planning permission to ensure that growth and regeneration in the borough is delivered in line with the Brent Local Plan.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for a caseload of development proposals and to meet your own performance management and quality targets.
- Evaluate and make sound recommendations on the planning merits of development proposals, the complexity of which will rise with progression through the career grade from simple to more complex proposals and projects.
- Defend the Council’s decisions at appeals to the Planning Inspectorate, the complexity of which will rise with progression through the career grade from simple to more complex proposals and projects.
- The provision of pre-application advice on a range of development proposals, the complexity of which will rise with progression through the career grade from simple to more complex proposals and projects.
- Calculating planning fees and CIL payments and, where required, negotiate financial and other contributions in planning obligations.
- Promote customer satisfaction when delivering DM Services.
- As a member of a planning area team, take individual and collective professional responsibility for championing the council's diversity agenda and proactively implementing initiatives which secure equality of access and outcomes and commit to continually developing personal understanding of diversity.
- Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility and all employees are required to act in such a way that at all times safeguards the health and well-being of children and vulnerable adults.
- Carry out duties with due regard to the Council’s Customer Care, Equal Opportunities, Information Governance, Data Protection and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Employees should embed environmental sustainability into their work, actively contributing to Brent becoming a carbon-neutral borough in 2030.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of this post.