Are you a dynamic and enthusiastic principal planner who is seeking experience in assisting in the development of a Joint Statutory Spatial Plan? We are looking for an ambitious principal planner committed to the highest standards of professionalism and with the ability to take responsibility for leading on particular aspects or themes within the Plan.
The successful applicant for this role with join at an important time to help deliver the work of the Oxfordshire Plan. You will be working closely with colleagues in the partner local authorities and other stakeholders and interest groups to provide impartial, evidence-based solutions to promote sustainable growth and quality of life.
You will need to help explain how the Plan will balance local and issues to create the best outcomes for all residents and businesses.
You will be expected to lead projects and activities as assigned and work to challenging timeframes. As part of those you will be expected to commission and manage significant pieces of work which will be sensitive and complex in pursuit of a Plan of the highest quality.
- Contribute to the formulation and refinements of policy options and take a leading role in drafting an innovative strategy and suite of policies
- Lead the work on research, data analysis and evidence gathering required to inform the Plan
- Work with the Plan Communications and Engagement Officer to lead on community and stakeholder engagement and designing consultation events
- Prepare evidence and statements and present this evidence at Examination
- Brief and manage consultants working on evidence base studies or other areas of work for the Plan to ensure smooth running of projects and delivery of good quality outcomes
- Support and deputise for the Plan Programme Lead, when required
- Prepare and present reports to committees, working groups and boards on matters related to the Oxfordshire Plan and other planning issues in support of the Plan Programme Lead
- As part of a matrix management approach, manage, supervise and support colleagues working on the Plan
- To support the Plan Programme Lead in the most complex elements of design and development of the Oxfordshire Plan
- Any other duties as may be deemed necessary to carry out the full remit of the role.