Senior Town Planner£50,000 - £60,000pa +benefitsPeterborough
Penguin Recruitment is delighted to present a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Town Planner to join one of the UKs leading housebuilders based in their Peterborough office!
My clients' dynamic teams have experience in influencing the formation of planning policy, strategic land promotion, handling the development management process and implementing community engagement strategies.
As part of this role, you may be working on the identification of future land acquisition opportunities, devising planning strategies, managing consultant teams, drafting statements required for the submission of planning applications and delivering immediate or long-term planning projects on a variety of scales.
As part of this process, you will be involved in close working with internal land, technical, commercial and sales teams alongside liaising with a variety of planning authorities, local stakeholders, and local residents.
Reporting to the either the Planning Manager and or Development Director you will produce and collate information for planning applications alongside submitting and monitoring their progress. You will also be expected to liaise directly with the planning authority and statutory consultees to progress applications and discharge conditions Duties of the role will include:
- Manage all facets of the day-to-day promotion of all current planning applications.
- Produce required planning documentation, collate supporting technical information and submit planning applications.
- Liaise directly with, and respond to the comments of, planning authorities and statutory consultees to ensure the successful outcome of the planning application process.
- Manage all external consultants involved in planning applications/promotions.
- Liaise with internal project teams to identify opportunities for enhancement on existing sites and then progress the requisite planning application.
- Promote and act in accordance with Group values, systems, policies, and procedures.
- Undertake community engagements.
- Planner (ideally having achieved or working towards RTPI membership) Senior Planner (MRTPI).
- Previous experience with a local authority, house builder or private consultancy.
- Experience in planning policy/development management.
- Excellent communication, project management, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Possession of driving license and, ideally, good knowledge of the local area.
- Ability to work on their own initiative, self-manage and prioritise own workload".
For the ideal candidate my client is happy to offer a competitive basic salary as well as a generous benefits package! For applications
and more information regarding this opportunity please send your up-to-date CV to Megan Field
at email@example.com or call 01792 365 104.