An outstanding opportunity has arisen at a vibrant Central London Borough Council for a Planning Officer to work in a dynamic Area Team.
Your primary responsibility will be to work on a diverse caseload of minor to complex medium applications in densely developed areas in the capital.
Caseloads will commonly include a variety of development such as householders, residential extensions, small scale change of use, mixed use, new build, infill housing, commercial advertisements and listed building consents.
This borough represents an excellent environment promoting career progression as those Planners who perform well and have a natural interest and enthusiasm for larger development have gone on to have the opportunity to pick up small scale major applications over time.
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants
- Manage a mixed caseload of minor, complex medium and major applications
- Conduct duty planning
- Coordinate and attend site visits
- Prepare detailed committee reports
- Negotiate and finalise the discharge of conditions
- Coordinate appeals
- Advise planning enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions
Successful candidates will have a degree in Town & Country planning or an affiliated subject with practical experience as a Development Control Officer in the UK or overseas.
In addition, you will have exemplary written and verbal communication skills in conjunction with the ability to work as part of a team.
For further details, please feel free to contact Connor Stringer at Macdonald & Company on 0207 318 1775 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.