DIRECTORATE: Environment & Transport
SERVICE: PLANNING - DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT
Job Title: Graduate Planner / Assistant Planning Officer
Grade: 6 / 7
Location of Work: Warrington Town Centre
Directly Responsible To: Team Leader Mainstream Applications
Directly Responsible For: Nil
Hours of Duty 37
Primary Purpose and Scope of the Job:
To assist the Development Control Manager and Senior Planning Officers in providing an effective development control service, through the handling of a full workload of planning applications and in particular to handle householder, minor commercial applications and enforcement cases.
To prepare reports to be considered by the Development Control Committees and to prepare written evidence in the event of an appeal.
To support the delivery of work priorities in the Development Management Team (and other teams as required).
KEY TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Processing of householder and minor level planning applications and associated planning matters, including pre-application advice.
2. Preparation of recommendations through delegated reports and (under the guidance of more senior officers) preparation of reports for Development Management Committee
3. Meet national and local performance indicators in relation to planning applications and associated planning matters
4. Provision of front line planning advice to the public, MPs, elected Members, professionals, developers, Parish Councils, and other interest groups
5. To represent the authority at meetings, both internal and external.
6. Keep abreast of developments, legislation and best practice relating to the Local Government change agenda.
7. The postholder must carry out the duties with full regard to the Council’s Corporate Plan, the Corporate Equality and Diversity Policy, Health and Safety Policy and Social Inclusion Strategy.
8. To carry out all duties with due regard to confidentiality and data protection regulations.
9. To undertake such additional duties as are reasonably commensurate with the level of this post.