MRTPI Chartered Planner
Penguin Recruitment is delighted to present an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic Town Planner to join a forward-thinking Planning Consultancy based in Suffolk!
My clients talented team support the development of renewable energy projects across the UK and across technologies from onshore wind to solar, battery and even EV charging stations. The team are now seeking a lateral-thinking, solutions driven individual who can help develop and grow the company's existing portfolio of projects and clients as well as providing a lead on planning matters! The Role
My client's focus is very much on renewable energy projects, as well as supporting residential, commercial and leisure projects. Project management skills are pivotal as you will be the key point of contact for clients with responsibility for progression of the projects from green-field to planning permission and planning condition discharge. You will bring your skills to utilise the green agenda to promote wider development opportunities.
Day to day life will include the following duties:
- Managing teams of multidisciplinary specialists delivering planning projects.
- Drafting of planning applications with team support.
- Preparing planning statements.
- Site visits, consultee, and client meetings.
- Delivery to agreed timescales budgets.
- Support of and collaboration with colleagues.
- Liaison with clients and statutory bodies.
- Contribution to business development.
- RTPI accredited degree in Town Planning or related field of study.
- MRTPI Chartered status ideal.
- Extensive previous experience in a Senior Planning position.
- Previous experience in the energy sector advantageous, however not essential.
For the successful candidate my client is happy to offer a competitive starting salary as well as a generous accompanying benefits package that includes a company EV! My client is fortunate to have a very pleasant office base in the Suffolk countryside, as well as a hybrid/home working option available, both of which promote a healthy work/life balance. Interested?
For applications and more information regarding this opportunity please send your up to date CV to Megan Field at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01792 365 104.