Job title: Associate Town PlannerLocation: CornwallSalary: Competitive
A fantastic opportunity has opened for an Associate Town Planner with a well established independent planning consultancy to be based out of their Cornwall office.
My client work across a wide range of sectors from residential, commercial, leisure and energy projects along with others. Your day to day duties will consist of working on small and large scale projects operating throughout the South West, and Buckinghamshire and London region.
Due to expansion and busy workload we are looking to fill the role of Principal Planner - Associate Town Planner therefore we are looking for candidates to have broad planning experience and be able to build strong client relationships and continue new business development.
To be considered:-
- Private sector experience/public sector
- Up to date planning system knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work within a tight knit team
Your role will consist of the following:-
- Preparing written fee proposals for clients following practice templates and guidelines
- Undertaking planning history and policy research independently and accurately
- Undertaking site visits and preparing written and visual record independently and accurately
- Preparing written site appraisals for clients to provide clear record of findings and advice
- Providing written and verbal planning advice to clients to provide clear recommendations
- Preparing, submitting, and proactively managing pre-application advice requests and applications including planning, enforcement, listed building consent, certificate of lawfulness and prior approvals
- Preparing planning, design & access, heritage, and other related statements for submission
- Preparing written local plan representations for site promotion and representations at examinations at an appropriate level
- Submitting and managing appeals by written representations, hearings and inquiries including preparation of appeal statements and representation at site visits, hearings and appropriate level inquiries as an expert witness
- Dealing directly with clients for all size projects
- Coordinating a team of consultants on small/medium projects
- Assisting senior staff/Partners on larger projects
- Speaking on behalf of clients at planning committee meetings
- Regular and clear communication with clients and team at all stages of projects
- Proactive management of client relationships both as part of specific projects and outside of this
- Undertaking all personal, project and financial administrative tasks in line with company requirements
- Preparing, maintaining, and implementing Personal Development Plan
On offer is a competitive salary and excellent benefits and continued progression including healthcare, holidays, pension, bonus etc.
If you are interested then please call Katy on 07982620231 and forward your CV over to firstname.lastname@example.org