Lancaster City Council is looking for an experienced Manager who is seeking a new challenge. The postholder will help us deliver the next stage of our innovative vision for the district by leading our Development Management Team.
The Lancaster District is:
- An ambitious district, reflected in the Council’s exciting development programme which includes delivering the next Eden Project in Morecambe and a new Garden Village settlement at South Lancaster.
- A collaborative district, with officers who are empowered to work with partners on unique projects such as the Health Innovation Campus, which aims to develop sustainable solutions for the important health and care challenges that we face as a society.
- A diverse district, including the internationally protected Morecambe Bay; the City of Lancaster, which is one of the premier heritage destinations within the England’s Heritage Cities Consortium; 2 Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty and a vibrant arts and cultural community.
- A responsible district, which recognises how it can lead by example and influence others to address the local challenges that global climate change brings.
- An accessible district, with the breathtaking scenery of the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales only 30 minutes away, and which is served by London and Scotland-bound West Coast Mainline rail services. Three junctions of the M6 lie within the district, providing an immediate gateway to the rest of the country.
For candidates who have appropriate Development Management experience, are good communicators and possess an excellent working knowledge of the development sector, we can offer a diverse and exciting portfolio of projects, training support and opportunities for hybrid working, including some homeworking and use of the City Council’s offices in both Lancaster and Morecambe.
A full current UK driving licence is essential, as the post holder will occasionally be required to travel in the district. The hours of work for this position are 37 hours per week, working Monday to Friday. The Council currently operates a Flexible Working Hours Scheme which applies to this post.
Excellent benefits include: A Local Government Pension Scheme (the Council makes a 15.5% contribution). Discounted gym membership and discount on days out, activities and retail.
Lancaster City Council has unanimously declared a climate emergency and are working towards reducing carbon emissions to net-zero by 2030. As part of this role, you will be expected to participate and work towards reducing carbon emissions.
For further details of each new role, please visit www.lancaster.gov.uk/jobs , or for an informal conversation regarding these opportunities contact the Head of Planning and Place, Mark Cassidy, on 01524 582390.
Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to update all applicants individually. If you do not receive a response from us within 2 weeks of the closing date then your application will have unfortunately been unsuccessful in progressing to interview.
Closing date: Monday 13 June 2022 9:00am
Interview date: Tuesday 21 June 2022 – Wednesday 22 June 2022
To apply online and for further details please visit www.lancaster.gov.uk/jobs. Alternatively please call 01524 582077.