A Major Applications Planner is urgently required by a Local Planning authority in the East Midlands for a 12 month period, to assist on the delivery of some of the councils most high-profile strategic development schemes.
You will play a key role managing a caseload of large scale major and strategic applications primarily funded by PPA agreements that can range from 100 to 400 units.
Furthermore you will have the opportunity to engage with leading developers, architects and consultants to progress major development projects through the planning process.
Key responsibilities include;
- Manage and process a caseload of large scale major and strategic applications consisting of residential led mixed use, community infrastructure, and commercial developments etc.
- Facilitate close liaison with major developers, architects and external consultants through paid pre-application meetings.
- Negotiate complex S106 agreements in conjunction with discharging conditions and finalising reserved matters.
- Liaise with multi-disciplinary teams encompassing Urban Designers, Conservation Officers, Transport Planners and regeneration professionals.
- Draft detailed delegated reports and present at committee
- Conduct member briefings, engage with regeneration teams and consult with local community groups
Successful candidates will have acquired practical experience as a Senior or Principal Planner in Development Management with proven track record processing large scale major applications.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please do let me know on 0161 413 7290 or drop me an email at Kleon.Mullings@vividresourcing.com