Malvern Hills and Wychavon District Councils are a great place to work, with high levels of resident satisfaction and motivated staff who enjoy working with us. Located in South Worcestershire the district boasts a beautiful natural environment, a rich heritage and plenty to do and see. Malvern Hills District is also ranked in the top 20 best rural places to live in the UK.
We pride ourselves on being a progressive organisation who spends our time and energy on what we know matters to our residents and communities – things like creating jobs, keeping the streets clean, helping people feel safe and preventing homelessness.
Our staff are at the heart of what we do, and as a result we are always looking to recruit, develop and retain the very best talent we can find. That's why, as well as a rewarding career, we offer a range of attractive benefits, such as:
* Agile Working (40% minimum office based)
* Excellent pension scheme
* Generous annual leave entitlement
* Options to purchase additional annual leave
* Regular job-specific training
* Discounted Gym and swim membership
* Free Employee Assistance scheme including access to counselling services
* Free annual flu vaccinations
* Health and Wellbeing support
* Cycle to Work scheme
* Employee Discounts with a range of companies including EE and
* Kaarp discount scheme which provides a range of employee discounts for days out and holidays
Assistant Planning Officer
Up to 37 hours per week
£22,571 - £26,446 per annum
This is an excellent opportunity for an aspiring planner to acquire important skills and experience and build the foundation of a career in planning. Our development management team deal with in excess of 2,000 planning applications a year across the two councils with a wide range of rural and diverse application types.
Whilst no previous professional planning experience is required, the completion of a course of study leading to a professional qualification is a condition of employment.
You will have your own caseload and work within one of the small teams that make up our experienced Development Management service.
Within the role you will be required to demonstrate a commitment to delivering the Council's values of great customer service, openness and accountability, innovation and improvement and fairness and respect. You will also be responsible for championing and demonstrating the Council’s Leadership Behaviour Framework by inspiring, communicating, collaborating and empowering self and others and leading by example.
- Strong customer service orientation and a desire to deliver exceptional levels of service at all times
- Team player with an adaptable and flexible approach.
- Ability to work on own initiative to tight deadlines
- Ability to negotiate successful outcomes.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum entry level of experience is required for the Assistant Planning Officer role i.e.:- A degree (or equivalent) qualification in planning or similar related subject is required.
- And / or experience of working in a planning environment.
- Applicants without a suitable qualification will be expected to complete a course of study leading to professional qualification as a condition of employment.
To discuss the post or for further information, please call Ciaran Power, Interim Head of Planning Services on 01684 862317.
Closing date: Sunday 29 May 2022
Interview date: Monday 6 June 2022