Planning Director – Covent Garden
£100k+ package, with progression available to Equity Director
We’re delighted to tell you about an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, commercially driven Planning Director to join an innovative, independent fast moving, planning consultancy dealing with large scale and/or complex and controversial proposals across the United Kingdom. The firm are refreshingly different in the way they think, serve clients and operate. The company are 12 people with strong secretarial and support resources where you’ll be given a lot of discretion that you don’t tend to get in a corporate organisation.
The Planning Director will be involved in a full range of work across housing, town centre, retail, commercial and other sectors with institutional, developer, operator and high net worth private clients. They expect decisive advice, enthusiasm and expertise to be brought to bear on often challenging development opportunities and complex planning applications, appeals and related work.
The Planning Director’s main duties will be:
- Initiating strategies (often having novel attributes) and leading brainstorming. Securing client and professional team buy in. Responding decisively with effective tactics to resolve problems and/or give authoritative direction.
- Inspirational management and control of professional teams, effective chairing of team meetings and leading negotiations with LPAs and others to optimise outcomes.
- Insightful application of planning law and the Framework to deliver highly effective advice and strategies. Unambiguous direction for others’ research into planning law.
- Authorship of consistently high quality, persuasive assessments and statements and highly effective advice, all always produced on or before deadlines. Unambiguous direction for others’ drafting of such work.
- Relating positively to all existing and potential clients, always completely comprehending their goals and effective and creative management of their expectations.
- Identifying and/or pursuing opportunities for beneficial new instructions in a cost-effective manner. Preparing insightful and attractive fee proposals.
- Continually identifying and implementing opportunities to secure effective staff development, including management of formal and informal performance appraisals of staff.
The Planning Director should have the drive and enthusiasm to achieve Equity Director status in the near future, although this will be down to the application of the individual. The Planning Director will enjoy a full range of benefits, happy positive working environment, full secretarial and research support.
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your updated CV and covering letter describing your suitability for the role to Info@Jontaylorassociates.co.uk.