Penguin Recruitment is delighted to be working with a highly regarded developer on the hire of a Planning Manager (Strategic Land) to their team in Brentwood, Essex.
The purpose of this role is to support and manage planning input required to promote and deliver the Company's strategic development sites, and to assist in the identification and promotion of new strategic development opportunities and provide advice to the Group Planning Director as required.
Main Responsibilities of the role:
- Support and manage the promotion of strategic development sites through the planning system.
- Coordinate preparation of planning submissions, including planning applications, EIAs, planning appeals etc.
- Prepare Local Plan/LDF and other representations to local authorities.
- Monitor compliance with and discharge of planning conditions.
- Manage and instruct consultants to an agreed scope of works.
- Prepare and manage consultant budgets for identified projects.
- Produce planning reports for potential development sites.
- Liaise, consult and negotiate with relevant external organisations, including attendance at public consultation and stakeholder events.
- Monitor Central and Local Government policies, guidance and advice.
- Provide advice and assistance to colleagues and trainees on planning matters.
- Ensure continued professional development to meet MRTPI requirements.
- Undertake other duties as required.
Knowledge and Skills Required to be successful in the role:
- BA/BSc (Hons) Planning Studies and/or postgrad Diploma in Planning Studies
- Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- Minimum of 2-3 years relevant post qualification experience in consultancy or development company, demonstrating site appraisal/negotiation/communication skills and knowledge of planning/legal process.
- Some public sector experience an advantage
The Director leading this recruitment is keen to meet with suitable planning professionals immediately so please register your interest below by clicking 'apply'.
For further information on this role or others in the region, please contact me on 01792 341 104 or firstname.lastname@example.org