A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for a Local Planning Authority in the North West. This opportunity will give you the chance to work on a challenging caseload that will vary in size and scale from major to strategic applications. This caseload will commonly include large-scale residential, mixed-use and commercial schemes.
Due to the geography of the area, you will find yourself managing a range of applications in urban, rural and greenbelt environments.
- Manage and processing a varied caseload
- Build a good relationship with major developers, architects and external consultants through paid pre-application meetings.
- Attend site visits
- Draft detailed delegated reports and present at committee
- Negotiate complex conditions and reserved matters
- Negotiate S106 Agreements
- Present case at remote committee
- Assess viability and affordable housing
Pay rate: £40.00 per hour OUTSIDE IR35
Contract duration: 3 months with a view to extend on a rolling basis
Home working: 5 days per week with the requirement of site visits when applicable
Successful candidates will have a degree in Town & Country Planning or an affiliated subject, with practical experience as a Senior or Principal Development Control Officer in the UK working on major applications.
In addition, you will have a natural enthusiasm and interest in major development in conjunction with excellent verbal and report writing skills.
If you would like to be considered for this position, then please get in contact with the Planning Team at email@example.com.