A fast-growing local authority in the North West urgently requires a Senior Enforcement Officer to work on a multitude of complex and politically challenging Enforcement Breaches.
You will have the chance to manage a diverse caseload of challenging breaches, encompassing residential breaches, rural breaches, unauthorised development, unauthorised alteration to listed buildings, S215 etc. In addition, you will have the chance to deputise and mentor more junior members of the team in the absence of the team leader.
Your main Duties will include:
- Site visits
- Preparing and overseeing enforcement notices, Breach of Condition notices contravention notices, stop notices and temporary stop notices and S215 notices for tidying unsightly sits and buildings.
- Dealing with enforcement appeals including the giving of evidence at informal hearings and public inquiries and preparing written representation appeals.
- Liaison with development management teams and colleagues
- Drafting witness statements
- Investigating a wide variety of planning breaches
Successful candidates will have acquired practical experience as a Senior Enforcement Officer at a UK local authority. This position will involve home working, although you will have to carry out site visits on a fortnightly basis.
Contract duration: 6 months with a view to extend
If you would like to be considered for this position, then please get in contact with the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.