Penguin Recruitment is delighted to be supporting a renowned firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists who strive to make a positive difference in the world!The Opportunity
We are looking to speak with Chartered Town Planners / Senior Planners with experience in providing consultancy services with a focus on the Welsh market and the South-West of England.
The Town Planners guide development proposals at each stage of the policy development and development management process, working with major client across the UK who help shape our communities, environments, and economies. Our client often works as part of integrated teams, alongside specialists from a wide range of backgrounds, including environmental, transport planning, design and engineering teams.
Based in the Cardiff office, but working as part of the 'West' planning team covering Wales and the South West on a full-time basis, you will:
Crucial skills and knowledge:
- Work with and co-ordinate multidisciplinary teams to ensure successful outcomes for your projects;
- Lead on small to medium sized projects and take a lead role on specific elements of larger and complex schemes;
- Provide support to the wider team to deliver an effective and professional service to your clients;
- Support the team in business development activities, such as preparation of expressions of interest and proposals, promotional and capability materials;
- Be accountable for the quality of your own work on time and budget, and supervise other team members;
- Be willing to undertake short-term travel, which could include overnight or overseas assignments (when it is safe to do so);
- Be an effective communicator in presenting information in writing as well as verbally;
- Establish and maintain relationships with external partners, and colleagues within Arup;
- Have a willingness to learn and develop as opportunities present themselves.
Rewards and Benefits
- Degree level qualification in a Town Planning related field and Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute (MRTPI);
- Experience in the preparation and submission of planning applications across Wales and / or England;
- Managing small assignments / tasks within wider team and / or sub-consultant management;
- Proven track record to work in a team-oriented environment;
- Ability to work calmly under pressure to meet deadlines and to work on multiple tasks;
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to undertake short-term travel in the UK and overseas when such opportunity arises and when it is safe to do so;
- Demonstrate a desire for continual improvement of both yourself and other members the team.
Our client offers a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in the sector!
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm's financial performance. Interested?
The Director leading this recruitment is keen to speak with suitable Planners ASAP so please express your interest below by clicking 'apply'.
For further information on this role or others in the region, please contact me on 01792 365 000 or firstname.lastname@example.org