The main purpose of the role is to advise the planning authority on design and architectural aspects of third party applicant's proposals, taking part in negotiations at all stages of the planning process. We are looking for someone with experience delivering projects from concept through to completion, with a particular emphasis at detailed design stages (RIBA Stage 3 and 4). This position would suit an individual with a keen interest in new, mixed use, high quality urban neighbourhoods and experience in architecture, urban design or construction.
You may be required to provide contributions to other pieces of work involved in securing design quality through the planning process therefore experience researching, writing or preparing design guidance such as planning policy, urban design frameworks or strategies would also be welcomed.
Who we are looking for:
The successful candidate will have the following lived / work experience:
* Demonstrable practical experience of successfully implementing and managing multiple, complex design projects through their complete lifecycle i.e. RIBA Stages 0-7; with a particular emphasis on experience at RIBA Stages 3 and 4.
* Professional, relevant experience of architecture and urban design
* Relevant lived/work experience of working with diverse communities like those we serve in east London and an understanding of the ways in which they are excluded from the built environment
* An understanding (through lived/work experience) of how inclusive buildings and places can be created to aid community cohesion.
* Professional experience of both architecture and urban design and a strong knowledge of master planning, housing and public realm, drawing on draw on lived experience as well as professional.
this role will be a hybrid position with half the time in the office and half the time from home.