An outstanding opportunity for a Planning Officer at a fast-moving and architecturally diverse London Borough Council.
At this prestigious London Borough, you will work within a vibrant and supportive development management team processing a mixed caseload of minor to complex medium applications.
This role can offer any applicant real career progression, as you will have the opportunity to pick up and process a broad and varied range of planning applications with a view to potentially picking up small scale major applications in the future should you demonstrate good potential and desire to pick up and acquire experience on larger development schemes.
Caseloads will generally consist of householders, residential, commercial, change of use, infill housing, prior approvals and listed building consents etc in urban and greenbelt areas. Under the current guidelines this role is fully remote, however, one day a week will be required when guidelines are lifted.
- Managing a caseload of minor to medium planning applications within statutory time frames
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants
- Conduct duty planning
- Coordinate and attend site visits
- Prepare detailed committee reports
- Negotiate finalize and discharge conditions
- Coordinate appeals
- Advise planning enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions
Successful candidates will have a degree in Town & Country planning or an affiliated subject with practical experience as a Development Management Officer in the UK or overseas.
You will have an aptitude for processing a mixed caseload of minor to medium applications with good communication and report writing skills.
For further details please contact Alex Ashman at Macdonald & Company on 020 7318 5261 or email; firstname.lastname@example.org