An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a Principal Urban Designer at one of London's most acclaimed borough councils for delivering high design quality with cutting edge and innovative regeneration schemes.
This is one of the Capitals most architecturally diverse development hot spots which is undergoing rapid economic growth.
You will provide design consultancy on a variety of major projects encompassing tall buildings, vibrant residential and commercial districts with new development in picturesque historic areas, to the delivery of new estates.
As a prominent member of a dynamic multi-disciplinary design and conservation team, you will work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams consisting of regeneration professionals, surveyors, landscape architects and some of London’s most high profile developers;
- Optimise design outcomes for a range of new development by providing exemplary urban design advice and comments for major applications encompassing the public realm and built environment.
- Provide specialist design advice on pre-application discussions and PPA’s
- Comment on conservation cases from an Urban Design perspective
- Contribute to the promotion of best practise through the councils independent Design Review Panel.
- Formulate integrated design approaches with Partners such as the GLA, Design Council / CABE and UDL to ensure the delivery of social and economic regeneration through design excellence.
- Deputise for the Design & Conservation Team Leader when required.
- Prepare Strategic Urban Design Briefs
- Contribute to the development of detailed masterplans for major town centre and estate redevelopment schemes in conjunction with detailed designs
- Provide design advice to developers, architects and external consultants at major developments at pre-application meetings.
- Engage in complex design negotiations with developers and architects.
- Finalise reserved matters applications.
- Produce design briefs and statements
- Develop urban design frameworks
- Coordinate design workshops as well as stakeholder and community consultation events
- Contribute to the development of local strategies and growth are agenda's by assisting with the design of emerging Opportunity Areas and Local Plans.
Successful candidates will be qualified Urban Designers from a planning, landscape or architectural background.
You will also have amassed strong practical experience as an Urban Designer in the public or private sectors producing or contributing to the development of masterplans as well as having a natural enthusiasm and passion for Urban Design, innovation and delivery of major regeneration schemes.
In addition, you must be proficient in the use of use of Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign) and Sketch Up.
Finally you will have exemplary written and verbal skills, work collaboratively with team members and a natural enthusiasm for Design and Development.
For further information, please feel free to contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company on 0207 318 5263 or email; firstname.lastname@example.org