Colliers International is the third-largest real estate consultancy in the world and the business continues to grow. The National Planning Team is looking to recruit a skilled and enthusiastic planner to be part of this growth. This will mean working on a range of projects UK wide, across all scales and sectors, for an equally diverse client base.
Shape your early professional planning career within a commercially successful national planning team based in Edinburgh. Ideally, you can be a Planner shortly seeking your professional qualification or having recently secured your MRTPI.
Real Estate Planner – Edinburgh:
- Planning consultancy to include: research; planning potential and site assessments; planning applications; policy representations; policy analysis and an understanding of key development issues across local authorities UK wide.
- To undertake professional work so that fee income targets for the Planning team are met and contribute to the profitability of the overall Department.
- To contribute to the development of client relationships and business development opportunities for the team and for Colliers International
- Assisting in the marketing and promotion of the UK planning team. This involves Know Your Company PowerPoint presentations to colleagues and putting together planning updates which we can share with clients and company colleagues
- To conduct professional work for clients and to ensure that all relevant reporting requirements are met to agreed deadlines and in accordance with RTPI compliance standards
- To ensure that work is conducted within Colliers Best Practice standards
- Ensure work is undertaken timeously for clients and liaise appropriately with senior members of staff concerning scope/content/feedback Client Contact
- To maintain contact with clients, in association with and under the guidance of senior colleagues so that the client relationship can be managed effectively and efficiently Contribution to Financial Targets
- To provide new ideas for the generation of fee income Business Development
- To seek opportunities to develop new business, including cross-selling within the firm and identification of new planning workstreams
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the confidence to speak with clients, colleagues, council officials and project teams
- Indicate key achievements as a planning consultant or experienced planning officer in their career to date.
- Must possess excellent organisation and time management skills
- Must possess sound IT skills, particularly MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team and take account of and act upon instructions of senior colleagues, being proactive and completing work to a high professional standard timeously.
- Must possess very good written and verbal communication skills
- Should ideally possess relevant qualification and be a member of either the Royal Town Planning Institute or Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors or working towards chartership
- Must possess good planning market knowledge
Full, clean driving licence preferred.
If this role sounds like it could be of interest and you would like to hear more, please click apply or contact Alexander Suzanne for a confidential discussion on email@example.com