Penguin Recruitment are delighted to be supporting an established Planning Consultancy based in Manchester who are currently seeking to appoint a motivated and experience RTPI Chartered Principal Town Planner. The Role
The role will focus on the continued growth of the companies private client base, as well as the existing and secure stream of planning for housing development and large-scale renewable energy schemes. You will be involved in and lead a diverse range and scale of projects but primarily be responsible for the stream of large scale residential and renewable energy planning. The role will include the following:
- Development of the company client base and enhancing the company reputation.
- Work proactively on a range of planning applications and planning appeals.
- Particular emphasis on large-scale residential and renewable energy projects.
- Perform site reviews, planning applications and appeals.
We are seeking applications from RTPI chartered professionals with an accredited degree in Town Planning or a related subject. Candidate who are eligible for the RTPI will also be considered. The key requirements for this position include:
- Significant experience in private and/or public sector planning, preferable to include EIA experience.
- A proven track record of managing caseloads for different types of planning applications with an emphasis on the large scale residential or renewable energy sector.
- Ability to prepare and present high-quality planning reports.
- Experience in writing appeal statements and attending hearing and/or Inquiries.
- Mentoring and motivational skills required to develop junior planners in their careers.
- Proficiency in responding to general and client planning enquiries, producing tender documents, and negotiating with statutory consultees.
For the ideal candidate my client is happy to offer a competitive starting salary as well as an impressive accompanying benefits package!
Autonomy is a given and you will put your own stamp on projects, nurture client relationships, and assist with managing and coaching planners whilst handling your own caseload from inception to completion. You will work within a multi-disciplinary team of chartered architects, landscape architects, urban designers, and engineers to find holistic solutions for challenging commissions. Interested?
For applications and more information about the opportunity, please send your up to date CV to Megan Field
at email@example.com, or call 01792 365 104 to discuss other opportunities in the Town Planning sector!