Penguin Recruitment are delighted to be supporting an established Planning Consultancy based in York who are currently seeking to appoint a motivated and experience RTPI Chartered Principal Town Planner.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic Planning team in completing a variety of exciting project for private sector clients across England and Wales! The Role
The appointed candidates will play a key role in development the company client base and enhancing the company reputation. You will work proactively on a range of planning applications and planning appeals with an emphasis on large-scale residential and renewable energy projects including site reviews, planning applications and appeals.
The role will focus on the continued growth of the companies private client base, as well as the existing and secure stream of planning for housing development and large-scale renewable energy schemes. You will be involved in and lead a diverse range and scale of projects but primarily be responsible for the stream of large scale residential and renewable energy planning. The Candidate
We are seeking applications from RTPI chartered professionals with an accredited degree in Town Planning or a related subject. Candidate who are eligible for the RTPI will also be considered. The key requirements for this position include:
- Significant experience in private and/or public sector planning, preferable to include EIA experience.
- A proven track record of managing caseloads for different types of planning applications with an emphasis on the large scale residential or renewable energy sector.
- Ability to prepare and present high-quality planning reports.
- Experience in writing appeal statements and attending hearing and/or Inquiries.
- Mentoring and motivational skills required to develop junior planners in their careers.
- Proficiency in responding to general and client planning enquiries, producing tender documents, and negotiating with statutory consultees.
Autonomy is a given and you will put your own stamp on projects, nurture client relationships, and assist with managing and coaching planners whilst handling your own caseload from inception to completion. You will work within a multi-disciplinary team of chartered architects, landscape architects, urban designers and engineers to find holistic solutions for challenging commissions.
As well as a competitive starting salary, you will receive an impressive accompanying benefits package! Interested?
For applications and more information about the opportunity, please send your up to date CV to Megan Field at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01792 365 104 to discuss other opportunities in the Town Planning sector!