Our client provides integrated legal services from offices in London, East and West Sussex. They are recognised as one of the leading planning and environmental practices in the South and some of their practitioners are recognised as leaders in their fields of practice.
They are looking for a Director of Planning to join their Planning team in West Sussex. The team does a wide range of contentious and non contentious work across the general disciplines of planning and environmental law, including infrastructure work.
The role is to operate as an effective member of the Planning Group. To support the Head of Planning Consultancy team, as well as supporting the partners and other members of the Legal Planning team as required. You will be responsible for your own caseload of work and assist senior members of the team on their caseload and support the Partners in particular in delivering high levels of service.
The key criteria for the ideal candidate will include:
- Previous experience of working within a Planning Team
- Must be a member of RTPI
- Solid experience of Planning within the UK is essential, including a good understanding of the relevant legislation and case law
- Experience of managing and developing client relationships
- Able to contribute to business development activities
- A commercial and pragmatic approach to advice and negotiations is highly important
- Able to deal and get on with a wide range of clients with differing objectives including being able to understand the commercial objectives of the client
- Ability to delegate tasks as appropriate and coach other individuals
- Experience in the handling of major planning applications
- The ability to maintain good working relationships with local planning authorities, both to secure prompt and sympathetic handling of applications and, on occasion, instructions from such authorities to act on their behalf
- To help insure that all members of the Planning Consultancy team keep up to date with developments in planning law and policy and other matters relevant to their continuing education and comply with the training requirements of the RTPI
- Ability to effectively manage their time to achieve client and internal deadlines
- Understanding the importance of client care with an ability to deal with a wide range of clients with differing objectives including being able to understand the commercial objectives of the client
- Able to work within a team and provide support to Partners and other Directors as appropriate
- Competent IT skills including Outlook, Word and time recording systems
- Understanding of the strategy and vision of the firm
- Communicate effectively with clients, in writing, over the telephone and in meetings
- Convey technical legal information in an effective and accessible way
This is a great opportunity for someone enthusiastic and reliable to work within a forward thinking, award winning law firm with a highly regarding Planning team.
In return for your hard work you will receive a great salary and fantastic benefits including:
- 21.5 days holiday p/a plus 3.5 over the Christmas period, plus bank holidays
- Day off for your birthday
- Sodexo (Discounts on food and drink, entertainment & shopping.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Season ticket loans
- 5% pension contribution
- Childcare vouchers
Contact Shaun Lewis, Director on 07789 371470 or email your CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org