Penguin Recruitment is delighted to be working with an accredited quarrying company in Essex on the hire of Restoration & Minerals Planner.
Due to the increased number of schemes in pre-planning as well as operational development, our client is seeking a full-time Restoration & Minerals Planner to join the friendly and expanding team based in Harlow, Essex.
The client are an accredited quarrying company that extracts and supplies primary building materials to the London and wider South East construction market, as well as restoring brownfield sites to create useful spaces for agriculture, ecology or public open space.
The company operates quarries that provide a range of sand and gravel products as well as restoration sites where the company import inert reclamation soils to remediate existing sites. This role represents a great opportunity to further develop schemes and ultimately submit both restoration and mineral applications.Main Duties:
Skills / Qualifications:
- Preparing and assisting with Planning Applications, Environmental Impact Assessments, Environmental Permit applications for waste management facilities and minerals developments. This could include landfill, recycling, transfer and treatment facilities as well as mineral extraction and quarrying.
- Preparing and assisting with risk/impact assessments, Minerals & Waste Plans, planning policy, need reviews and post submission work including assisting with public inquiries and expert witness work.
- Compliance site monitoring to ensure sites are operating in accordance with their relevant planning consents
- Preparing and assisting with proposals and tenders for new work. Business development, client contact, market research, attending client meetings etc.
- A good understanding of the UK planning system and its application.
- Some knowledge of the mineral, restoration and construction industry.
- Preferred at least two years planning experience although a graduate with the relevant degree would be considered.
- Familiarity with methods and technologies employed in minerals and waste / restoration management, as well as planning policy legislation and environmental law and guidance affecting these sectors would be an advantage
- 2:1 degree or above at undergraduate level in a suitable subject.
The hiring manager leading this recruitment is keen to speak with suitable Planners ASAP so please express your interest below by clicking 'apply'.
For further information on this role or others in the region, please contact me on 01792 341 104 or email@example.com