Penguin recruitment are delighted to be supporting a leading UK Property Developer and Housebuilder in their search for a dynamic Planning and Development Manager in Buckinghamshire.
The main role responsibility of this position will be to manage all aspects of the overall design development and planning process from the point of land acquisition or option agreement, with respect to all planning and development matters though all phases of the project.
This will include compilation of a commercially viable planning application, grant of all relevant consents, pre-start obligations, conditions, and other third-party consents, alongside stakeholder and community engagement and other associated site strategies.Responsibilities & AccountabilitiesLand
- Provide planning support and assistance to the Land Team in preparation of early feasibility studies and concept designs.
- Provide planning appraisals/risk assessments for initial development proposals.
- Lead the design team and manage the design development of high-quality proposals, identifying areas to optimise value.
- Lead design team meetings and workshops and ensure agendas, minutes and actions are managed effectively.
- Prepare, execute and manage appointments and fee budgets with relevant professional consultants. Manage consultant budgets and be responsible for approving invoices.
- Ensure the planning process is strategically managed with clarity and purpose. Monitor, negotiate and advance planning applications, reporting progress regularly and resolving planning issues in order to achieve approval.
- Arrange and meet the LPA to discuss any planning matters, having thoroughly considered strategy with senior team members, and negotiate and agree any associated pre-application or planning performance agreement fees as required.
- Manage the preparation and submission of planning applications and the production of presentation material for planning committees.
- Negotiate, track and manage all conditions, s106 obligations, required s96a/s73/RMA applications and other site-wide strategies to successful resolution.
- As and when required, seek and negotiate any necessary planning amendments, variations or additional consents deriving from changes in production or business strategy.
- Manage consultation with councillors, local residents, amenity groups and other statutory bodies, implementing strategies to enhance third party relationships.
- Attend meetings with local residents and respond to ongoing queries/complaints.
- Work closely with the Finance Managers to ensure appraisal assumptions are continually up to date.
- Own, regularly update and report on planning programmes and project risks.
- Manage any other third party property matters (e.g. Rights of Light).
- MRTPI, MRICS or RIBA Qualified.
- At least 5 years post qualification experience.
- Client-side experience is preferable but not essential.
- Residential experience is required either client or developer side.
- Solid knowledge of the planning system, process and policies is essential
- IT skills including memo writing and use and understanding of excel financial models.
- Team player.
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook.
- Pragmatic with a common sense approach, demonstrating a sense of ownership at all times.
- Passion for corporate responsibility.
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Flexible and reliable with strong organisational skills.
- Strong communicator, comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined.
For the ideal candidate, my client is happy to offer a competitive starting salary and an impressive benefits package! For applications
or more information regarding this opportunity please send your up to date CV to Megan Field
at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01792 365 104.