Hyas Associates is a young, exciting and niche planning consultancy with a strong, positive reputation and growing portfolio of projects.
We are currently involved in some of the most exciting and forward looking projects across England, including working across strategic growth, regeneration, levelling up, new settlements and Garden Towns & Villages. Our work is both challenging and rewarding – helping clients to deliver great places for the future, working with multiple stakeholders, delivering results through a collaborative approach.
We are looking for talented and creative planners and placemakers with at least 5-10 years post qualification experience, to join us at Principal, Associate or early Director levels. We would consider applicants from all parts of the UK, capable of helping meet demand for our services nationwide. This opportunity would suit individuals with a mindset of wanting to deliver great places for the future through the planning system. You should have a passion for placemaking and want to make a difference – to do things better than the norm.
Ideally candidates will have an understanding of large complex, residential led planning projects or strategic housing growth policy matters. This background could be either in planning policy or development management, and we welcome applicants from the public and private sectors. For applicants at Associate and Director levels, we are looking for highly motivated and experienced individuals who are able to develop our project portfolio and work with the Directors to develop the business further.
We operate a flexible working approach with all the support you need to work remotely and successfully. In return, you will need to be highly motivated and a self-starter, able to work directly with and for a range of clients.
We pride ourselves in having a strong, positive and supportive working ethos and adopt a collaborative and flexible working approach, both internally working as a team, and externally with clients, to get the best from any project, in terms of quality of process and scheme outcome.
We are looking to evolve and expand the business and are looking for the right creative individuals with the talent and ambition to become important members of our team into the future.
- Directly advising clients, on a range of matters relating to the delivery of large-scale developments, plans and/or policy issues.
- Leading teams of colleagues and other sub-consultants to support projects with a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Undertake research on planning issues, development plans, supplementary guidance and other critical information necessary to support our portfolio of projects.
- Preparing high quality reports and presentations for use within the company and with clients.
- Preparing and facilitating workshops, project meetings and multi-disciplinary sessions on a range of issues relating to large scale delivery.
- Developing new project leads and expanding our network of partner organisations.
- Playing an active part in developing and implementing the business strategy for the ongoing growth and expansion of the organisation.
- Keeping up to date on all areas relating to large scale schemes and masterplanning, as well as the latest policies and procedures.
- At Associate and Director level, you will need to have the drive and initiative to develop and expand Hyas, working with the existing Directors to identify new business opportunities and to pursue them accordingly.
- Hold a Town Planning degree / masters (or similar).
- Full Chartered Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) or an equivalent professional town planning/urban design organisation.
- Demonstrate drive and enthusiasm for planning and the property world in general.
- Able to deliver focused and creative solutions to problems working in a lead client facing role.
- For Associates and Directors, you will need to demonstrate a commercial awareness and understanding of small business operation.
- Be competent in the use of Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Hold a full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Please send a covering letter and your CV by 15 December 2021.
Should you wish to discuss the position further then please contact Rob Smith on 07497 848217