An exemplary opportunity has arisen for a Senior Urban Designer at one of London's most acclaimed borough councils for delivering high design quality with cutting edge and innovative regeneration schemes.
As this is one of the most architecturally diverse London Borough's that has undergone rapid economic growth you will provide design consultancy on a variety of major projects from major new schemes encompassing tall buildings, developments in picturesque historic areas to the delivery of new estates, public realm to tech and creative hubs.
As a prominent member of a dynamic multi-disciplinary growth team comprised architects, urban designers, landscape architects, conservation and sustainability experts you will have substantial involvement with the following;
· Provide exemplary urban design advice and comments for major applications encompassing the public realm and built environment.
· Comment on conservation case from an Urban Design perspective
· Prepare Strategic Urban Design Briefs
· Contribute to the development of detailed masterplans for major town centre and estate redevelopment schemes in conjunction with detailed designs
· Provide design advice to developers, architects and external consultants at major developments at pre-application meetings.
· Engage in complex design negotiations with developers and architects.
· Finalise reserved matters applications.
· Produce design briefs and statements
· Develop urban design frameworks
· Coordinate design workshops as well as stakeholder and community consultation events
· Work effectively with the Planning Policy Team on Urban Design and placemaking components of borough Local Plans and emerging opportunity areas.
· Proficient in the use of Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign) and Sketch Up
Successful candidates will be qualified Urban Designers from a planning, landscape or architectural background.
You will also have amassed strong practical experience as an Urban Designer in the public or private sectors producing or contributing to the development of masterplans as well as having a natural enthusiasm and passion for Urban Design, innovation and delivery of major regeneration schemes.
For further information, please feel free to contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company on either of the following, tel: 0207 318 5263 or email email@example.com.