I'm currently working with a Local Authority in Surrey who are looking for an experienced Principal Policy Officer to join them on an initial 6 month contract. My client is willing to negotiate on pay rates for the right candidate, but it will likely be between £40-45p/h. There will be an element of remote working, but the client would like a few days of office presence per week too.
Duties will include:
- Leading on the progress of the Local Plan (consultation aimed for early next year)
- Leading on researching evidence and data analysis.
- Drafting policy documents.
- Carrying out sustainability appraisal work.
- Leading on community and stakeholder consultation at certain stages of the strategic planning process, including processing and assessing consultation responses.
- Providing advice to Development Management officers, other Council services, elected Members, stakeholders and residents on a range of planning policy matters and technical areas.
You will ideally be MRTPI accredited and must hold a degree relative to Town Planning. You should also have proven experience consulting on Local Plans.
If you are interested in this role, please click apply or email me your CV.
Still not sure? Feel free to give James a call on 0207 766 9075 to discuss this role in more detail or chat about other opportunities Oyster have on.