One of my clients in London are looking for an Interim Lead Policy Officer to join them for an initial 6 month contract. They are looking for someone to start ASAP and rates are dependant on experience. The role would be pretty much 100% remote working, and you would only need to go into the office once every couple of months. The IR35 status of this role is undetermined, but likely to be inside IR35.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading the Planning Policy service, to manage Planning Policy budgets and work with the Head of Service to maintain an up to date business plan for the service
- Maintaining an up to date Local Development Scheme
- Ensuring that the duty to cooperate is fulfilled, including engaging with other local authorities on their development plans, and respond to planning policy consultations from Government, Government agencies, other local authorities and other organisations as appropriate
- Providing oversight of the provision of policy advice on planning applications
- Overseeing the publication of various plan monitoring documents including the Authorities Monitoring Report
It would be beneficial if you had previous experience taking a Local Plan through Examination.
If you are interested in this role or in other Policy or Management opportunities in the area, please do apply below or call 02077669075 and ask for James!