Would you like to help to shape the future of the Winchester District? Do you have a keen interest and knowledge of preparing a Local Plan? Are you organised and motivated? Are you looking for a real challenge?
Winchester comprises a beautiful historic city centre and is a large district which includes a variety of different settlements. This poses a number of challenges and opportunities that we need to plan for.
We have an outstanding opportunity for a Principle Planning Officer in our busy Strategic Planning Policy team. The role is varied and exciting and you will play a key role in helping us to create a new Local Plan which has the Council’s climate emergency declaration of the heart of the Local Plan.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated officer who thrives in a team environment and relishes a challenge. You will be a proactive team member with a desire to help develop and implement transformative ways of working, as well as working on your own initiative.
The successful candidate will have qualifications and the necessary experience of working and producing a sound Local Plan. You will also have experience working in a high pressured office working environment, and be able to demonstrate that you can manage a wide range of competing demands. It is essential that you are confident with new technology and you can demonstrate that you have a real flair and enthusiasm for taking forward the digital planning agenda.
If you are a logical and innovative thinker, who is a great team player and has excellent attention to detail, we would really like to hear from you.
Along with the opportunities set out above we also offer the following benefits:
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Cycle to Work and Car Benefit salary sacrifice schemes
- Competitive annual leave per year (25 days a year)
- Flexible working arrangements
- 13 days additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements)
- Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Free parking at the park and ride and free bus pass.
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted membership at the two leisure centres in the district
- Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
- Employee retail and shopping discounts
- Season Ticket Loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development
If you would like any further information, please call Adrian Fox on 01962 848278 or Jill Lee 01962 848575 for an informal discussion.
To apply please visit - https://accesspeople.accessacloud.com/WinchesterCityCouncilRecruitment/Home/Vacancy?id=70&returnurl=/WinchesterCityCouncilRecruitment/#.YVsD3-mpXRN
Closing date – 24th October 2021
Interview date – 4th November 2021