My client is a global leader in the Real Estate industry, who's Planning team has an immediate need to recruit an enthusiastic and commercially minded Planning Consultant. They are seeking a talented Town Planner to join their North-East team in providing professional commercial planning advice to clients within the public and private sectors.
My client is among the largest commercial real estate services firms, and provides core services of agency leasing, asset services, capital markets, facilities services, global occupier services, investment management, tenant representation, and valuations & advisory.General Duties
Some of the services you will provide as part of the team:
- Town planning advice within their priority areas (residential, commercial, retail/leisure, health, education), and support the team's Business Plan to develop client portfolio and generate revenue.
- Maintain client relationships and act as liaison with clients on specific projects.
- Support the team profile in the market.
- Develop internal and external network for business pipeline/opportunities.
- Manage and liaise with internal teams and other external professionals to provide a full service to the client.
- Keep an up to date knowledge of planning legislation and relevant case law.
- Pre-acquisition planning due diligence
- Post-acquisition advice on development aspirations and asset enhancement initiatives
- The pursuit of development/redevelopment/enhancement options through the planning process.
- Ongoing construction advice, ensuring all conditions are discharged and changes approved.
- Client-led asset enhancement and protection programmes via local plan representations.
- Planning due diligence for asset disposals.
- 2 years post-graduate experience in public or private planning practice.
- A Planning degree or equivalent academic qualification.
- Knowledge of the local planning and property industry sector.
- Relevant Planning Degree - either undergraduate or postgraduate.
- Professionally qualified MRTPI preferred but not essential for the right candidate.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- High quality consultancy skills including report and proposal writing, presentations, and general communication.
- Strong written and verbal communicator, able to present ideas and recommendations to clients clearly and confidently.
- An understanding of business development and client relationship management.
- Demonstrable understanding of market and local knowledge.
- A hard working, conscientious, organised team player.
- Ability to deal with demanding clients and deadlines.
For the ideal candidate, my client is happy to offer a competitive starting salary and impressive benefits package that includes company car allowance. For applications please send your up to date CV to Megan Field at email@example.com.