We are delighted to be working with a forward-thinking, new homes developer based in Wokingham. The company pride themselves on providing development that adds character to its surroundings and local community. In this role you will be able to work remotely for part of the week, though will ideally be in the office for 2 days across the week.
You will help with the progression of portfolio sites to achieving planning consent. You will also assist with the identification of new opportunities, with responsibility for the preparation and submission of major residential schemes. Training and support will be provided to ensure the successful candidate develops.
- RTPI/or RICS Town Planner with at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills;
- Effective time management skills
- Hardworking, flexible, pro-active team player with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Full Driving Licence
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining assigned portfolio sites’ planning strategies
- Responsible for supporting Head of Planning effectively progressing assigned portfolio sites to develop and progress an agreed promotional / application strategy in a timely manner
- Providing support to managing and instruct a full consultant team (internal and/or external) as appropriate to ensure the progression of the scheme in accordance with an approved strategy
- Drafting local and neighbourhood plan submissions/representations/hearing statements or (where appropriate) critiquing external consultants submissions/reps to be submitted on behalf of company
- Working alongside appropriate senior Planning colleagues, managing and building relationships with landowners alongside Development Executive colleagues to ensure all contractual requirements are discharged
- Working on the progression of planning applications including S106 / CIL discussions, overseeing or undertaking the drafting and later discharge of conditions and progression of related Reserved Matters applications
- Attend project meetings, liaison with the LPA and stakeholders to ensure (working alongside relevant Head of Planning) the project is progressed in a timely manner.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated professional to propel their career to the next level, within a unique client-side role. As a result of your dedication, you will be rewarded with a remuneration package in the region of £45k - £55k depending on experience.
If you are interested in this job, please apply now. Alternatively you can call me for an informal discussion about it - 07894229847
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in Planning, please do send your CV to me (CJ Obi) - firstname.lastname@example.org