Planning Manager (Consents & Policy) – Gatwick Airport
Be part of helping to rebuild and grow a fitter and stronger Gatwick!
Gatwick Airport is passionate, more so than ever, in ensuring we provide our passengers with the best possible experience.
As we re-emerge from Covid-19, we will continue to deliver the high standards expected from our passengers with our people pivotal in making this happen!
Are you a Planning Manager experienced in Infrastructure Planning, Development Management and Policy looking for a new and exciting opportunity?
Gatwick Airport is currently looking for a Planning Manager with an in-depth understanding of Planning Law to join our Corporate Affairs, Planning and Sustainability (CAPS) team. In this varied and interesting role, you will provide expertise on town and country planning matters to successfully position and protect Gatwick's strategic aims at both the national and local level.
Reporting into the Planning and Environment Lead, you will be the key point of contact for all planning matters for external stakeholders, covering all aspects of town planning from development management and control, through to land use planning policy, s106 monitoring and compliance and supporting the Development Consent Order process for the Northern Runway Project. The work will be varied and requires excellent stakeholder management skills, developing strong relationships with surrounding local authorities as well as the Airports Consultative Committee (GATCOM) and other stakeholders.
As the Planning Manager, you will be responsible for providing land use planning advice across the business, covering the following key accountabilities:
- Northern Runway Project – Development Consent Order
- Planning Applications and Development Control
- National, Regional and Local Plan Making and Policy
- Section 106, Master Plan and other accountabilities
Do you have what we're looking for?
Skills & Expertise
- Proven significant experience in either the Planning Policy or Development
- Expert communicator with experience of stakeholder engagement
- Experience of Hearings and/or Public Inquiries processes
- Experience of working with a range of interested parties including Local Authorities, Government Bodies and Statutory Consultees
- Experience in the transport sector
- Educated to postgraduate degree level
- Charted Town Planner (member of RTPI or RICS) is essential
Interested? If you're a Planning professional with the experience highlighted above, we would love to hear from you!
We value our people for their differences and are passionate and committed to being an inclusive and diverse employer, encouraging and welcoming applications from all groups of people, especially so from underrepresented groups, offering different perspectives and experiences to make us a more innovative and creative workplace.
Come join the adventure and be part of our journey!