Planning Applications and Building Control Manager
Upto £60,795 / Anum
Do you want to work for and manage a highly motivated local authority planning team who consistently delivers a high level of service?
Carrington West are delighted to be working exclusively with this Local Authority in their search for a Planning Applications and Building Control Manager.
Located at the heart of the Garden of England, this Local Authority offers the best of town and country. It’s no surprise the borough is considered among the most desirable places to live in the UK. One of the most attractive aspects of living and working here is the quality of life it has to offer, it is a truly exceptional place. A thriving and dynamic town in the heart of the region’s most enchanting countryside. , with a busy town centre and leisure offer, spacious and affordable housing and plenty of business space to grow - and it is only 38 minutes from London. The Civic offices are located in parkland adjacent to the Leisure Centre and near other local amenities, with the town centre and train Station just a few minutes’ walk away
Main responsibilities is to:
- lead the Planning Applications Team and be responsible for the delivery of this part of the service across the borough, excluding strategic sites
- lead the Building Control service of the Council.
- work constructively with and manage the team leaders of the Planning Applications, and Building Control teams to ensure that the service performs to an excellent level
- helping deliver the effective management of the wider planning service working as a member of the senior management team
- This role is one of 4 Managers (the others being Business Support/Spatial Planning/Strategic Development) reporting to Head of Planning and Development who reports into our Chief Executive
- This role is responsible for 2 x Team leader in Building Control and Planning Applications
- Reporting into the Team Leaders is 2 x Deputy Team Leader and a Senior Principal Planner
- Also there are 3 graduate planner posts and 5 planners
Salary Details £60,795 / anum
Permanent - Full time 37 hours per week. We are currently working flexibly at home and some officers are going into the office by booking a desk.
Essential Car User – this role attracts a lease car subsidy or cash alternative of £3,050 pa
Annual leave – based on 20 days per annum plus 2 stat days – one fixed at Christmas), plus 4 for the grade, plus bank holidays. (Assume there are 8 in a standard year) = 34 days. Plus additional 5 days for 5 years continuous service with another authority.
Pension scheme: Automatically entered into Kent County Council Pension scheme and a percentage of salary will go into the pension scheme.
For further information or to apply for this post please contact Kevin O'Shea on 02393876034 or firstname.lastname@example.org