Expert Planning Witness – Public Inquiry
Town Planning Consultant
£90 per hour – OUTSIDE IR35
Contract to start ASAP until mid-December
Up to 20 hours per week required – Can be worked alongside other role(s)
Job Ref – 28690
My client is seeking a planning professional who has experience of being an Expert Witness at Planning Enquiries on behalf of a local authority.
8 full days required for public inquiry towards the end of the year.
Essential Requirement: Public Inquiry Experience
- Coordinate with a multi-disciplinary team;
- Draft all statements for submission:- Proof of Evidence, Statement of Common Ground, Rebuttal Responses etc;
- Review all specialist/third party statements and coordinate consistency across the Councils case;
- Liaise with legal and appointed Counsel;
- Attend as an Expert Planning Witness at public inquiry (cross examination);
- Detailed knowledge of and ability to explain the Council’ interpretation of the sequential test in relation to flood zone development;
- Be able to understand and explain the implications of viability on the suitability and availability of sites (detailed FVA matters will be led by a specialist viability consultant);
Carrington West are willing to offer £90 per hour for this position.
To be successful in this position you MUST BE:
- A Qualified Town Planner with significant experience within a Local Authority Planning Department and must have had experience as an expert witness previously
To avoid missing out please apply today with a copy of your CV then call Ben Hitchman on 02393876027
If you are a Town Planner who is interested in job opportunities, but this role is not of interest, please still apply then we can consider you for other positions.